Looking for a Fast and Free Easy Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern?
If you want to make an easy and beautiful crochet baby blanket then this is it! This easy crochet baby blanket pattern is free here on the Life and Yarn Blog and will make a perfect baby shower gift! Giving a handmade present at a baby shower is such a wonderful gesture to a new mommy to be! Be sure to click the button below to save for later on Pinterest!
Keep scrolling to use the free crochet pattern in this blog post or click the button below for an affordable pdf! All of the information you need is listed below from the materials to gauge to row by row instructions!
Design Story and Inspiration
Have you ever noticed babies seem to be something that comes in clusters? Seriously, when I hear of one new baby on the way I immediately wonder how soon until 2 or maybe even 3 more pregnancy announcements will pop up! So, I end up trying to come up with different crochet blanket patterns so I don’t make the same one each time! I love gifting handmade items and this easy crochet baby blanket pattern is the perfect modern baby blanket to make!. This simple crochet blanket will work up quick and by using front post double crochet you will create a beautiful texture that baby will love!
About the Yarn
Have you figured out yet that I love my The Hook Nook Yarn? For this design I used The Hook Nook Small Stuff in Green Thumb, Tattoo Ink, Gemstone and Foggy Morning! This yarn is a DK weight yarn but it is bouncy and works up super quick compared to other light weight number three yarns that I have used. I wash and dry all of my The Hook Nook Yarns in the washing machine and dryer and they hold up very well! Made from 100% acrylic, this yarn is perfect for durability and allergy free!
Before we begin…let’s Get Social!
I would love for you to come follow me on Instagram, Like my Facebook Page and Join my Facebook group! As Always you can grab a Printable PDF on Etsy!
Remember, all likes, shares, follows and purchases are greatly appreciated by this Maker Mama and really do help to grow my craft business! So, if you are looking for more Free Crochet Patterns that are great beginner crochet projects then be sure to check out my Free Patterns Section!
- Size 5.00 mm crochet hook
- #3 DK Wt. Yarn, The Hook Nook Small Stuff
- 100% Acrylic
- Color A – Tattoo Ink -273 Yards
- Color B – Gemstone -273 Yards
- Color C – Foggy Morning -273 Yards
- Color D – Green Thumb -273 Yard
The gauge for this pattern in 16 sts x 11 rows in pattern repeat is 4” x 4” using a 5.00 mm crochet hook os size needed to obtain proper measurements. Gauge for this pattern is not super important except to make sure you have enough yardage.
Stitch Descriptions and Abbreviations
- Chain Stitch – ch
- Slip Stitch – Sl St
- Double Crochet – sc
- Foundation Double Crochet – Fdc – Chain 4, yarn over, insert hook into 4th chain from the hook, yarn over and pull up loop (3 loops on hook) yarn over and pull through 1 loop (3 loops on hook), yarn over, pull through 2 loops, yarn over, pull through all loops (1 foundation double crochet with chain at bottom created) *Yarn over, insert hook to bottom of the stitch you just made, it will look like the top or “V” of a stitch, yarn over and pull up a loop (3 loops on hook), yarn over and pull through 1 loop (3 loops on hook), yarn over and pull through 2 loops (2 loops on hook), yarn over pull though all loops.
- Front Post Double Crochet – FPdc – work a dc as you normally would but insert your hook from front to back to front around post of indicated st.
- One Size – 25” x 31”
- Ch 3 does not count as a stitch.
- Skill Level: Easy
Row 1 – Fdc 100
Row 2 – Ch 3, turn, FPdc in each stitch to end.
Row 3 – Ch 3, turn, dc in each stitch to end.
Rows 4 – 83 – Repeat Rows 2 and 3.
Rows 1 – 6 – Color A
Rows 8 – 28 – Color B
Rows 29 – 30 – Color A
Rows 31 – 52 – Color C
Rows 53 – 54 – Color A
Rows 54 – 76 – Color D
Rows 77 – 83 – Color A
Looking for more baby blankets to make?
Try making this chunky crochet star stitch blanket using this free pattern!
I love this easy crochet throw because you can make it as big or as small as you would like! Make one now!
Lastly, these crochet hexis would make a wonderful baby blanket! I am still making all of mine for my littles baby blanket!