Crochet Infinity Scarf Free Pattern
Crochet an infinity scarf using this free pattern! I love a good circle scarf because they also double as a chunky cowl! This crochet knit look stitch is easy to do and uses basic crochet stitches making a beautiful texture!
Get a PDF on Etsy or Ravelry!
Best Bang for your Buck, get a Kit From Lion Brand includes PDF and Yarn!
How to Make a Chunky Crochet Infinity Scarf.
This crochet infinity scarf is made using only a double crochet stitch! However, by alternating the double crochet with front and back posts, this beautiful woven knit look texture is created! This bulky crochet infinity scarf is just one long rectangle that it is then seamed together on the first and last row! Wear it long, or wrap it twice to wear as a chunky crochet cowl!
How to Wear an Infinity Scarf.
Why are infinity scarves so great? Well, for one, they can’t fall off! Imagine taking a scarf and just attaching the two ends together so it becomes one big circle! Then, once seamed together, you can wrap it and wear it double like a cowl! This is how I prefer to wear infinity scarves because I love chunky crochet cowls!
Come find me on…
- Like my Facebook Page
- Join my Facebook group!
- Get PDFs on Etsy
- Get PDFs on Ravelry
- Sign Up for the Life and Yarn Newsletter
- Size 8.00 mm crochet hook
- #5 Bulky Weight Yarn – 548 yards
- Sample uses 4 Skeins of Hue + Me in Bellini
- 12 sts x 6 rows in pattern repeat is 4” x 4”.
Stitch Descriptions and Abbreviations
- Chain Stitch – ch
- Stitch(es) – st(s)
- Half Double Crochet – hdc
- Foundation Double Crochet – Fdc – Chain 4, yarn over, insert hook into 4th chain from the hook, yarn over and pull up loop (3 loops on hook, yarn over and pull through 1 loop (3 loops on hook), yarn over, pull through 2 loops, yarn over, pull through all loops (1 foundation double crochet with chain at bottom created). *Yarn over, insert hook to bottom of the stitch you just made, it will look like the top or “V” of a stitch, yarn over and pull up a loop (3 loops on hook), yarn over and pull through 1 loop (3 loops on hook), yarn over and pull through 2 loops (2 loops on hook), yarn over pull though all loops, repeat from * to desired st count.
- Stacked Single Crochet Stitch – STSC – insert your hook into the designated stitch, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over, pull through both loops, insert your hook into the second vertical bar on the stitch you just created, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over, pull though all loops.
- Front Post Double Crochet– FPdc – work a dc as you normally would but insert your hook from front to back to front around post of indicated st.
- Back Post Double Crochet – BPdc – work a dc as you normally would but insert your hook from back to front to back around post of indicated st.
- One Size: 9” Wide by 70” long before seaming.
- Skill Level: Easy
- * Designates a repeat.
- Row 2 begins the front and back posts and is repeated through the pattern. When working each row repeat after Row 2, the front and back post stitches are created on each other, making the fabric look and feel woven.
Crochet Infinity Scarf Free Pattern
Row 1 – Fdc 25.
Row 2 – Turn, STSC in first st, *FPdc in next st, BP dc in next st, repeat from * until 2 sts remain, FPdc, hdc in last st.
Rows 3 to 124 – Repeat Row 2, finish off on Row 124 leaving a long tail.
- Thread your tail with a darning need and without twisting your work, seam Row 1 to Row 124.
- Weave in you ends and if your infinity scarf feels stiff steam it a bit or pop it in the dryer for a few minutes!
More Easy Crochet Scarves
Just click on the photos below to make some of my other beginner friendly crochet patterns!