So I used to have a sweet tooth. Over the years it has slowly been disappearing, except for chocolate. Chocolate is life.
I find that just about everything I get to drink is a bit too sweet and I want to water it down. So a while back I started making my own drinks. Usually I am the only one who drinks them, but this time I made a hit! So I wanted to share!
Here’s what you need :
3 Lemon Green Tea Bags
1/4 Cup of Sugar
1 Gallon Container
*optional* lemon squeezer*
Let’s Make It!
1. Run some hot water and fill your container about a 1/4 of the way, max.
2. Add your 1/4 cup of sugar and stir.
3. Add the 3 tea bags, make sure to cut off the paper tags, but don’t rip the bag! Then gently stir!
4. Cut your lemon in half, squeeze out the juice and add it to the one gallon container.
5. Cut your grapefruit in half, squeeze out the juice and add it to the one gallon container.
6. Fill the container the rest of the way with cool water.
7. Place in the fridge to chill and try to keep everyone from drinking it right away!
So easy right?
I made one gallon the other day and it was gone by the next night! I couldn’t believe it. My husband, sister and my dad all loved it. Even more shocking was my little brother, he’s going to be 10 in a few weeks, loved it too! I feel like that says a lot since he loves his sweet sugary drinks! Makes me happy to see him enjoy something healthy!
My one gallon container is a giant jug made to look like a mason jar with a spot. They are fantastic. Except when it got to the end some of the pulp had gone into the spout so it was slow to come out. I used a strainer over a cup and poured the rest in. The last glass was definitely the best glass.
This was such a cheap and refreshing drink to make and with so many people in and out all the time it can get expensive having drinks on hand! I will definitely be making more and this is sure to be a summer staple in my house!
How good does that look!
Did you make it? I’d love to hear when you do!
Come and follow me on Instagram @life.and.yarn